Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Apron Tags

I designed and finished these last night. I wanted to do a Valentine's apron as well as some sort of BBQ one. I really like the BBQ apron - and will definitely do more of these. The pattern is 6" high x 4" wide; the neck is cut with a 1" circle punch. These are neat little tags or could be used for scrapbooking.

Valentine Apron: I cut the apron out of pink cardstock and the pocket out of some scrap paper. I attached the pocket to the apron with double sided tape then used red chaulk around the apron and the pocket to add some interest. I embellished the pocket with 2 red brads and 3 small punched hearts. The spatula and wooden spoon were cut out of ivory cardstock and shaded with brown chaulk. The scalloped neckline was made from a scallop punch then attached to the plain neckline. I used a micropen to add a few details, tied on my red ribbon, printed my sentiment "Baked with..." and I was done!!



BBQ Apron: Same here, but with different cardstock and embellishments. I designed the mitt, fork and spatula and added those to give this apron a masculine look. Same with the sentiments I penned on the project..."Dude with the Food" and "Grill Master" for the guys in your life.

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing! I love them - what a great embellishment for scrapbook layouts! I'd love to have the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...