Sunday, November 14, 2010

Birthday wishes




Along with my crafting I've had a busy day. I was away at 6:30 but didn't get up until 7:20am. I made 6 dozen cookies this morning and three apple crisp desserts. Also went for a walk.

I
have a few cards I am trying to finish so I can move on to more projects! The specialty coffee paper is actually gift wrap that I bought a long time ago at a local dollar store (gotta love the dollar stores). I knew someday it would come in handy......finally. The garnish around the "Birthday Wishes" sentiment are bits and pieces of paper I have in my stash. I made the orange rose garnish out of a 3/4 inch circle and used my glue gun to attach it to the card. I don't know if anyone is like this but I have to sit back and admire my little pieces of art for what seems like ages after they're complete.

Since I don't have a whole lot of punches, sister Jean has me stocked up with a bunch of stuff - every now and then I go through it when I'm in need of some small thing...and voila today I found my orange..in a jar of small punched circles (all colours). I coloured it with my markers. Also found the orange zest and mint leaves (not really mint leaves, but...you know..). I believe they are from a SU! punch.
I'm going to have to start creating Christmas cards, etc. as I see from visiting other blogs that everyone has a lot of that already done!! Oh dear. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'm making all of these cards as a Christmas gift for my Mom - she has many family and friends that she sends/gives cards to during the year. I'm off to finish other cards..this time for baby. :-)

Cheers - Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Such a neat card. I love the ocffee paper, I never would have thought to use wrapping paper. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coffee card Jackie - trying to figure out how you made the rose?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...