Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 2011 !

 
Here was this year's tree.  DH and I went about 10 minutes outside the city and found this little beauty.  I made paper decorations (stars, peace, noel, joy) with my Cricut, cut my bows from burlap and put on a few silver bulbs here and there.  Very simple.  We liked it - a lot.  Not sure about our teenage sons though  :-)     The quilt in the background is a beautiful quilt Mom did for me some years ago.  It has everyone's name on it...on a stocking.  I was very fortunate to get yet another quilt this year!! 
 Here's a masculine birthday card I did this evening - I used a "wood-type" embossing folder and rope to keep with the sea/ship theme.

These are some 3x3 cards - I made the envelopes to go with them - great for gift giving (with some homemade blueberry muffins, jam, pie or loaf!).  Yum - blueberries - abundant here in Newfoundland & Labrador.  The Brigus Blueberry Festival is held every year in August.  It's about a 50 minute drive from the city and is the place to go for the best blueberry crumble and ice cream!!  To die for  :-). 

I made this sympathy card this past weekend - my mother-in-law's brother passed away - he was 85.  I stamped the background with a fern stamp.  I used it again in the birthday cards below.
And that's it folks.  The blue/brown dotted cards are my attempt at another masculine card again.  Until next time!  - Cheers, Jackie







1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, Your cards are lovely - especially like the masculine card with ships and the blueberry note cards. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...