Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just Scraps Challenge #2

It took me a little while to get my head around the Just Scraps Black/White/Red challenge - but here's my creation!  I'm kinda proud of it.  My son's 19th birthday is coming up in early April (oh my where have the years gone) and I wanted to create a card for him..something masculine.  

His favourite colour growing up was red!  As he grew into his tweens and teenager hood - black was added to that - black jeans, hoodies, sneakers...red, or white, or black t-shirts.  Here's a picture of Timothy in grade 4 - red and black shirt on - I believe he had black jeans on that day too.  LOL!  

The card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I used black cardstock and... "just scraps"...of paper, black and white brads...I like the "dot/spot" theme!  The two punched circles are 1 3/4" and 1 1/2".  I bought a bunch of these cute pewter-like picture frames at the dollar store.  I plan on putting a pic of Timothy inside the frame (early years).  I didn't have a happy birthday stamp, so used my computer and a font called snap for the sentiment..I gently rubbed over it with my finger to give a "stamped" look.  I hope you like it.  Cheers - J. 

2 comments:

  1. Great card Jackie. Tim's gonna' love it. Hallmark just lost another customer! Thanks for playing along and be sure to come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, he will love it!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...